BOUNTY FOOD BANK
A Home Mission of Bethany UMC - Since 1983
*Open Mondays ONLY, 9:30-11:30 am
Celebrating 34+ Years of Service to our Community!
Volunteers Always Welcome!
Thank You for your continued support!
Bethany United Methodist Church has been donating food and clothing to
the local community since 1977. But seeing the need, we felt more was necessary.
Our Bounty Food Bank was established in 1983 to help supplement our
local community food supply for those in need. We supply this additional food for those who live in the
98404, 98408, 98409, and 98418 zip codes.
There is a photo ID and matching mail address verification
process in effect to qualify to receive food assistance.
We are open one day per week on Monday mornings 09:30 – 11:30 AM.
may visit the Bounty Food Bank once per 28 days ONLY (monthly) and must show your qualifying photo
ID and matching addressed mail (like a utility bill, etc.) not older than 30 days, to receive food.
If you are in need and cannot come to the Food Bank during open hours, you may call the
church and leave a message (253-475-7098) with your contact information during the week. We will contact you
as soon as possible.
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU VISIT BOUNTY FOOD BANK:
- Bounty Food Bank is located within the basement of Bethany United Methodist Church at 5634
Park Ave., Tacoma, WA.
We are 1 block south of south 56th street on Park Ave.
There is a Safeway store nearby at 56th and Park Ave.
- Parking is available both on the street in front of the church and in the
north parking area in the rear alley.
*Please do not park in the small south parking lot in
the rear alley.
(The south parking lot is reserved for volunteers only.)
- For you Security, we have installed Security Cameras that record the activity around the
church. This is both to protect you and our staff and helps insure that you have a safe and pleasant visit. We
have active Security onsite.
- Please enter Bounty Food Bank through the side glass double-doors on the north
side (right side toward the back) of the Bethany UMC building.
- Proceed down the steps to the basement waiting area.
- Please take a number and a seat while you wait for us to call you up to be verified
- Once verified, you will be directed to the food section where our volunteers will gladly
- Please remember that our Staff are all volunteers and they are
giving their time to help you. Please be courteous while we assist you. If you would like to volunteer to
help, please check with a staff member!
We look forward to your monthly visit soon!
Remember to bring:
Photo ID with current address (Drivers License,
Military ID, etc).
A piece of Mail not older than 30 days (like your
utility bill, phone bill, etc).
*Check that it has been at least a month before your last visit (minimum 28
Remember, we serve only residential zip codes 98404, 98408, 98409, and 98418.
Zip Code Map
If you live outside these zip codes, Fish Food Bank of Pierce County may be able to assist you.
*We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.